Am I the only who feels like we blinked straight into February? I don’t know how we flew through January so quickly, and here we are ready to set new goals for the month. I’m excited to share my February goals, but first I want to talk about January.
“It was when I found out I could make mistakes that I knew I was on to something.” ― Ornette Coleman
I know that I didn’t get around to writing an actual January goals post, but I did set goals last month. Here’s a quick recap:
- Turn in all business tax info to the accountant. – I actually ran everything over to the accountant’s office this morning, but I’m counting this as a success.
- Set up Profit First accounts with the bank for February implementation. – This is almost complete. I have an appointment with the bank for tomorrow morning. [Related book: Profit First by Mike Michalowicz]
- Complete the January Whole30 challenge with the Mister. – Success! Check out my thoughts after Week 1.
- Earn $250 side hustle income to pay down debt. – In January, we earned $165 in side hustle income, but didn’t reach our goal of $250.
- Have four date nights with the Mister. – Success!
- Set up and attend two study group sessions for massage class. – Success! We’ve set up our tentative schedule for the remainder of the class.
- Complete a minimum of four treatments outside of massage class. – Success! I completed six treatments.
Overall, I’m pretty pleased with how January turned out. Nearly every goal was accomplished, and the one that we fell short on is a work in progress toward one of our major goals for the year.
Since I have two significant business goals for 2018, a number of my monthly goals will relate toward moving toward those. I know I don’t share a lot of my day job on the blog, but I need these written out for personal accountability.
- Identify and contact at least five new life/disability prospects per week. [20 total for February]
- Generate $1500 life/disability insurance income
- Attend two massage study group sessions.
- Give a minimum of four treatments outside of massage class.
- List at least one new product in my Etsy shop. [Check out my shop: Chasing Blue Jays.]
- Complete Love Yo’Self yoga challenge from Yoga with Adriene
- Gather and turn in all personal income tax info to the accountant.
So, here’s the question of the day? Have you written out your goals for the month? I firmly believe that writing your goals down increases the likelihood that you’ll meet them. So, get them on paper. Then tell me in the comments about February goals and what you think of my goals.